Pier remains open during maintenance work
CLEVEDON Pier will remain open during months of maintenance work.
Trustees are keen to encourage people to carry on visiting the seafront landmark and to bear with staff and volunteers while some areas of the attraction are restricted for safety reasons.
Thanks to funding from North Somerset Council, the pier’s owners, much of the structure’s iron work will be repainted over the coming months to prevent it from deteriorating.
Parts of the Grade I-listed pier have not been refurbished for 23 years and some ironwork was in danger of irreversible corrosion and permanent damage.
These works are now in full swing with many activities still able to continue.
You may also want to watch:
The Balmoral and Waverley boats will sail from the pier as planned, weather permitting, children’s activities on Wednesday and Friday afternoons from 2-4pm will continue throughout August and fishing competitions will still be held. There will continue to be late night opening on Fridays and the caf� will be open as usual.
Anyone wishing to visit to polish plaques they may have on the pier’s planks should visit www.clevedonpier.com to get an update on where work is being carried out along the decking.
- 1 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 2 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 3 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 4 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 5 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 6 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 7 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 8 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 9 Council plea to public as services impacted by pingdemic
- 10 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final