Picture gallery: Thousands visit Nailsea’s festive fair
FESTIVE cheer and sack loads of fun drew thousands of people to Nailsea town centre for the popular Christmas fair.
Nailsea’s very own celebrity, Iceland mum Ellie Taylor, opened the event and let the crowds loose to browse the 57 stalls and fairground rides in Somerset Square, the High Street and into Clevedon Road Car Park.
Father Christmas stopped in to pay excited children a visit and bands and carol singers entertained the crowds as they got into the Christmas spirit.
Local groups ran stalls all along the High Street and many shops stayed open late so that customers could start their Christmas shopping.
More than 8,000 people attended the event and organisers have declared this year’s fair the biggest and best for 10 years.
You may also want to watch:
Committee chairman, Gilly Chu said: “It was a really successful night. It was a pity about the rain, which made things finish early, but the committee has been praised by local people for its hard work in organising the event.
“We tried to make sure there was something for everyone and we just hope everyone enjoyed it.”
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 3 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 4 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 7 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 10 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans