Picture gallery: Thousands visit Nailsea’s festive fair
FESTIVE cheer and sack loads of fun drew thousands of people to Nailsea town centre for the popular Christmas fair.
Nailsea’s very own celebrity, Iceland mum Ellie Taylor, opened the event and let the crowds loose to browse the 57 stalls and fairground rides in Somerset Square, the High Street and into Clevedon Road Car Park.
Father Christmas stopped in to pay excited children a visit and bands and carol singers entertained the crowds as they got into the Christmas spirit.
Local groups ran stalls all along the High Street and many shops stayed open late so that customers could start their Christmas shopping.
More than 8,000 people attended the event and organisers have declared this year’s fair the biggest and best for 10 years.
You may also want to watch:
Committee chairman, Gilly Chu said: “It was a really successful night. It was a pity about the rain, which made things finish early, but the committee has been praised by local people for its hard work in organising the event.
“We tried to make sure there was something for everyone and we just hope everyone enjoyed it.”
- 1 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 2 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 3 PICTURES: Lions charity surprises Clevedon residents
- 4 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 5 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 6 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 7 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 8 Bristol and Weston NHS charities merge under new name
- 9 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 10 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children