Picture gallery: Thousands visit Nailsea’s festive fair
FESTIVE cheer and sack loads of fun drew thousands of people to Nailsea town centre for the popular Christmas fair.
Nailsea’s very own celebrity, Iceland mum Ellie Taylor, opened the event and let the crowds loose to browse the 57 stalls and fairground rides in Somerset Square, the High Street and into Clevedon Road Car Park.
Father Christmas stopped in to pay excited children a visit and bands and carol singers entertained the crowds as they got into the Christmas spirit.
Local groups ran stalls all along the High Street and many shops stayed open late so that customers could start their Christmas shopping.
More than 8,000 people attended the event and organisers have declared this year’s fair the biggest and best for 10 years.
You may also want to watch:
Committee chairman, Gilly Chu said: “It was a really successful night. It was a pity about the rain, which made things finish early, but the committee has been praised by local people for its hard work in organising the event.
“We tried to make sure there was something for everyone and we just hope everyone enjoyed it.”
- 1 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 2 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 3 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 4 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 5 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 6 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 7 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 8 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 9 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved
- 10 Protestors take to the streets against Bristol Airport