Picture gallery: Snow covers North Somerset
NORTH Somerset has been covered in a blanket of snow with many taking advantage of the festive weather despite the disruption it has caused.
Youngsters on their school holidays enjoyed sledging and snow ball fights while drivers braved the icy conditions in an attempt to carry out some final Christmas shopping over the weekend.
However, with ice covering many roads across the district and a fresh snow fall on top yesterday (Mon), driving conditions have become treacherous and some roads are only passable at the slowest speeds.
Avon and Somerset police warned drivers to only go out if necessary and North Somerset Council sent out its six gritters to treat as many roads as possible.
Many bus services have been scaled back or stopped altogether and some trains between Yatton and Bristol have been cancelled.
You may also want to watch:
Dozens of flights to and from Bristol Airport were also cancelled or redirected yesteday, despite the airport surviving the weekend without too many problems.
Rubbish collections were also suspended and some roads were closed.
- 1 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 3 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 4 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 5 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- 6 Camera club wants new members to join
- 7 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 8 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 9 'Incredible' Nailsea & Backwell RFC win first ever Bristol Combination Vase
- 10 Life-saving equipment installed in town