Picture gallery: Snow covers North Somerset
NORTH Somerset has been covered in a blanket of snow with many taking advantage of the festive weather despite the disruption it has caused.
Youngsters on their school holidays enjoyed sledging and snow ball fights while drivers braved the icy conditions in an attempt to carry out some final Christmas shopping over the weekend.
However, with ice covering many roads across the district and a fresh snow fall on top yesterday (Mon), driving conditions have become treacherous and some roads are only passable at the slowest speeds.
Avon and Somerset police warned drivers to only go out if necessary and North Somerset Council sent out its six gritters to treat as many roads as possible.
Many bus services have been scaled back or stopped altogether and some trains between Yatton and Bristol have been cancelled.
You may also want to watch:
Dozens of flights to and from Bristol Airport were also cancelled or redirected yesteday, despite the airport surviving the weekend without too many problems.
Rubbish collections were also suspended and some roads were closed.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 4 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 5 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 6 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 7 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 8 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 9 How to order free Covid home tests
- 10 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset