Picture gallery: Pill Rag
THE streets of Pill were filled with crazy costumes and ingenious creations for the annual rag event on Saturday.
Scores of villagers from Pill and Easton-in-Gordano took part in the extravaganza, which included a pet show and children’s fancy dress.
However, the main event saw a procession of numerous walking groups and one float make their way through the two villages, dressed to impress.
Cups and prizes were given for the most humorous entries, the best children’s entry, walking group and tableau entry.
Overall supreme winners and rewarded with the Ann Richards Cup was a group entitled Pill’s Big Fat Gypsy Wedding, which took its inspiration from the hit TV series, My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding.
You may also want to watch:
The final of Pill’s Got Talent was also held during the day with three-piece band, Standing Like Statues, named as the winning act.
The rag king, 17-year-old Luke Wilson, and queen, 18-year-old Adele Taylor, were also crowned on stage alongside attendant Claire Brayley and queen mother Pauline McDade.
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 3 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 4 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 5 Special school expansion progress
- 6 Nailsea Cricket Club start senior nets for new season
- 7 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 8 North Somerset and Somerset libraries reopen this week
- 9 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 10 Families enjoy Easter donkey tale trail at church