Picture gallery: Pill Rag
THE streets of Pill were filled with crazy costumes and ingenious creations for the annual rag event on Saturday.
Scores of villagers from Pill and Easton-in-Gordano took part in the extravaganza, which included a pet show and children’s fancy dress.
However, the main event saw a procession of numerous walking groups and one float make their way through the two villages, dressed to impress.
Cups and prizes were given for the most humorous entries, the best children’s entry, walking group and tableau entry.
Overall supreme winners and rewarded with the Ann Richards Cup was a group entitled Pill’s Big Fat Gypsy Wedding, which took its inspiration from the hit TV series, My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding.
You may also want to watch:
The final of Pill’s Got Talent was also held during the day with three-piece band, Standing Like Statues, named as the winning act.
The rag king, 17-year-old Luke Wilson, and queen, 18-year-old Adele Taylor, were also crowned on stage alongside attendant Claire Brayley and queen mother Pauline McDade.
- 1 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 2 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 3 PICTURES: Lions charity surprises Clevedon residents
- 4 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 5 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 6 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 7 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 8 Bristol and Weston NHS charities merge under new name
- 9 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 10 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children