Picture gallery: Nailsea and Backwell Beer and Cider Festival
THOUSANDS of revellers sampled more than 100 different tipples at the annual Nailsea and Backwell Beer and Cider Festival.
Held from Friday to Sunday at Nailsea and Backwell Rugby Club, the event was a huge success with more than 3,000 people going along to enjoy the live music and entertainment.
The festival featured 108 beers and ciders, each of which were sponsored by local businesses and residents, and by the end of the weekend all but a few ciders had been drunk dry.
Proceeds from this year’s event will be split between the rugby club and Children’s Hospice South West, which runs Charlton Farm in Wraxall and cares for children with life-limiting and life-threatening illnesses.
Next year’s event will be held in aid of St Peter’s Hospice.
You may also want to watch:
* For more pictures click on the gallery link at the top of this page.
- 1 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 2 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 4 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 5 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 6 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 7 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 8 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved
- 9 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 10 Protestors take to the streets against Bristol Airport