Picture gallery: Nailsea and Backwell Beer and Cider Festival
THOUSANDS of revellers sampled more than 100 different tipples at the annual Nailsea and Backwell Beer and Cider Festival.
Held from Friday to Sunday at Nailsea and Backwell Rugby Club, the event was a huge success with more than 3,000 people going along to enjoy the live music and entertainment.
The festival featured 108 beers and ciders, each of which were sponsored by local businesses and residents, and by the end of the weekend all but a few ciders had been drunk dry.
Proceeds from this year’s event will be split between the rugby club and Children’s Hospice South West, which runs Charlton Farm in Wraxall and cares for children with life-limiting and life-threatening illnesses.
Next year’s event will be held in aid of St Peter’s Hospice.
You may also want to watch:
* For more pictures click on the gallery link at the top of this page.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 4 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 9 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 10 Health club thanks NHS workers with free memberships