Picture gallery: Halloween celebrations
CHILDREN and adults donned costumes and got into the Halloween spirit as part of the annual celebration of all things spooky.
Portishead PCSOs organised a fancy dress treasure hunt which began at the town’s youth centre as an alternative to trick or treating and a fancy dress competition at the Harbour Road facility also proved a hit.
Busy Bees Day Nursery in Portishead held a Witches and Wizards day with youngsters given the chance to put on some spooky costumes and at the town’s Sue Ryder shop visitors could enjoy face painting and other activities.
In Clevedon, children at St Nicholas Chantry Out of School Club spent part of their half term break carving pumpkins and making costumes ready for a Halloween fancy dress party.
A pumpkin carving competition at Nailsea’s Blue Flame pub helped raise money toward a new medical wing at an Indian orphanage and, at Backwell School, sugar craft classes saw pupils on their half-term break making pumpkins, witches hats and spiders to adorn their home-made cupcakes.
You may also want to watch:
* For more Halloween pictures click on the link at the top of this story.
- 1 Baby Etta is first to be born at Clevedon MIU
- 2 WIN: Tickets to latest James Bond film
- 3 'Inspiring' turnout for village's Great Big Green Day
- 4 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 5 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 6 Scholarship competition worth thousands of pounds launched to find area's next stars
- 7 U-turn as West of England Combined Authority formally opposes Bristol Airport expansion
- 8 Youth charity wins national accolade
- 9 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 10 Cycling club using cameras to improve safety on roads