Picture gallery: Halloween celebrations
CHILDREN and adults donned costumes and got into the Halloween spirit as part of the annual celebration of all things spooky.
Portishead PCSOs organised a fancy dress treasure hunt which began at the town’s youth centre as an alternative to trick or treating and a fancy dress competition at the Harbour Road facility also proved a hit.
Busy Bees Day Nursery in Portishead held a Witches and Wizards day with youngsters given the chance to put on some spooky costumes and at the town’s Sue Ryder shop visitors could enjoy face painting and other activities.
In Clevedon, children at St Nicholas Chantry Out of School Club spent part of their half term break carving pumpkins and making costumes ready for a Halloween fancy dress party.
A pumpkin carving competition at Nailsea’s Blue Flame pub helped raise money toward a new medical wing at an Indian orphanage and, at Backwell School, sugar craft classes saw pupils on their half-term break making pumpkins, witches hats and spiders to adorn their home-made cupcakes.
You may also want to watch:
* For more Halloween pictures click on the link at the top of this story.
- 1 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 2 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 3 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 4 Clevedon girl, 4, wins music award
- 5 Another North Somerset school hit with Covid cases
- 6 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 7 Man suffers head injuries after armed confrontation outside pub
- 8 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 9 Portishead awarded GreenSeas Trust bin to tackle plastic pollution
- 10 Plans for housing on Backwell fields take step forward