Picture gallery: Girlguiding centenary celebrated
ALMOST 300 girls and women joined together in Nailsea to mark the centenary of Girldguiding.
An event held at Nailsea School saw members of the Rainbows, Brownies, Guides, Rangers and Trefoil Guild make their Promise, which is made by members who agree to abide by the values of Girlguiding.
They joined hundreds of other guiding units around the UK to make the promise.
Also as part of the event in Nailsea, a disco, games and competitions were put on to create a party atmosphere.
At the end of the evening, each girl went home with a commemorative centenary mug and a Centenary Promise badge.
You may also want to watch:
* To see more pictures from this event click on the gallery link at the top of this page.
- 1 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 2 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 6 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 7 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 8 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved
- 9 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 10 Protestors take to the streets against Bristol Airport