Picture gallery: Easter fun in the sun
BRIGHT sunshine and blue skies saw hundreds of people flock to some of North Somerset’s most idyllic locations over the Easter weekend.
Clevedon’s seafront was a hive of activity with families, teenagers, children and couples all taking advantage of the sun at the Salthouse Fields, Clevedon Pier and the beach.
Similarly, many people flocked to Portishead’s Lake Grounds and open air pool to make the most of the unusually bright weather and playing fields and parks were filled with the sounds of youngsters enjoying fun and games.
Pubs, restaurants and cafes enjoyed a boom in trade as did many shops across the district.
Over the four-day weekend, air temperatures saw the mercury rise beyond 20 degrees with the weather feeling much hotter for most on the ground.
You may also want to watch:
Thursday was recorded as North Somerset’s hottest day of the year with an average temperature of 19.6 degrees and the highest temperature recorded in Clevedon was just more than 25 degrees.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Village pub conversion rejected by council
- 3 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 4 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 5 Green light for active travel scheme
- 6 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 7 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 8 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 9 Charming period house with pretty gardens and coastal views
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week