Picture gallery: Easter fun in the sun
BRIGHT sunshine and blue skies saw hundreds of people flock to some of North Somerset’s most idyllic locations over the Easter weekend.
Clevedon’s seafront was a hive of activity with families, teenagers, children and couples all taking advantage of the sun at the Salthouse Fields, Clevedon Pier and the beach.
Similarly, many people flocked to Portishead’s Lake Grounds and open air pool to make the most of the unusually bright weather and playing fields and parks were filled with the sounds of youngsters enjoying fun and games.
Pubs, restaurants and cafes enjoyed a boom in trade as did many shops across the district.
Over the four-day weekend, air temperatures saw the mercury rise beyond 20 degrees with the weather feeling much hotter for most on the ground.
You may also want to watch:
Thursday was recorded as North Somerset’s hottest day of the year with an average temperature of 19.6 degrees and the highest temperature recorded in Clevedon was just more than 25 degrees.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 3 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 4 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 9 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 10 Health club thanks NHS workers with free memberships