Picture gallery: Easter fun in the sun
BRIGHT sunshine and blue skies saw hundreds of people flock to some of North Somerset’s most idyllic locations over the Easter weekend.
Clevedon’s seafront was a hive of activity with families, teenagers, children and couples all taking advantage of the sun at the Salthouse Fields, Clevedon Pier and the beach.
Similarly, many people flocked to Portishead’s Lake Grounds and open air pool to make the most of the unusually bright weather and playing fields and parks were filled with the sounds of youngsters enjoying fun and games.
Pubs, restaurants and cafes enjoyed a boom in trade as did many shops across the district.
Over the four-day weekend, air temperatures saw the mercury rise beyond 20 degrees with the weather feeling much hotter for most on the ground.
Thursday was recorded as North Somerset’s hottest day of the year with an average temperature of 19.6 degrees and the highest temperature recorded in Clevedon was just more than 25 degrees.
- 1 'Historic' Down Syndrome bill set to become law
- 2 How a family-run funeral directors can help to provide peace of mind
- 3 Man completely covers his house with festive lights to 'spread Christmas cheer'
- 4 Three-day Christmas market coming to North Somerset
- 5 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 6 Clevedon family braves cold water challenge in memory of grandad
- 7 Christmas lights to be switched on in Clevedon this weekend
- 8 Environmental groups accused for Portishead rail delay
- 9 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 10 Nightclub conversion approved