Picture gallery: Clevedon Flower Show and Festival
MORE than 5,000 visitors went along to the annual Clevedon Flower Show and Festival to enjoy entertainment, displays and live music.
A total of 171 people also entered the 300 classes put on for horticulture, crafts, domestic and children’s items.
On Saturday and Sunday, the Salthouse Fields were awash with people, stalls and marquees as the event, organised by Clevedon and District Horticultural Society, got underway.
Among those who won prizes during the show were Sian Davis who spent more than four weeks preparing her crochet exhibit, for which she won the award for the best exhibit excluding horticultural classes.
Alan Baker was awarded for his floral displays, Mike Sheppard won the prize for the best exhibit in show for his roses, Mark Perry was awarded for his vegetables and John Silverthorne also received a trophy for achieving the most points in show.
You may also want to watch:
Throughout the event, live music was provided by tribute acts and marching bands. Displays were put on by members of the Harley Davidson Motorcycle Club and Bristol Harlequins Majorettes. A dog show on Sunday also proved very popular.
* To see more pictures click on the gallery link at the top right of this story.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 6 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 7 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 8 Carpenter wants top Clevedon performance for President's Day
- 9 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 10 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend