Picture gallery: Clevedon Flower Show and Festival
MORE than 5,000 visitors went along to the annual Clevedon Flower Show and Festival to enjoy entertainment, displays and live music.
A total of 171 people also entered the 300 classes put on for horticulture, crafts, domestic and children’s items.
On Saturday and Sunday, the Salthouse Fields were awash with people, stalls and marquees as the event, organised by Clevedon and District Horticultural Society, got underway.
Among those who won prizes during the show were Sian Davis who spent more than four weeks preparing her crochet exhibit, for which she won the award for the best exhibit excluding horticultural classes.
Alan Baker was awarded for his floral displays, Mike Sheppard won the prize for the best exhibit in show for his roses, Mark Perry was awarded for his vegetables and John Silverthorne also received a trophy for achieving the most points in show.
You may also want to watch:
Throughout the event, live music was provided by tribute acts and marching bands. Displays were put on by members of the Harley Davidson Motorcycle Club and Bristol Harlequins Majorettes. A dog show on Sunday also proved very popular.
* To see more pictures click on the gallery link at the top right of this story.
- 1 ‘Perfect tribute’ as Clevedon Pier named pier of the year
- 2 Carpenter praises Clevedon following success over Chippenham
- 3 Chief constable's bid to overturn ruling on PC's racist language dismissed
- 4 Nailsea & Backwell under-16s get better of Weston on return to rugby
- 5 Business expansion plans get the go-ahead at Royal Portbury Dock
- 6 Suspension bridge to close for maintenance
- 7 Nailsea teacher publishes book on cycling challenge
- 8 Stunning and modern four-bedroom home near open countryside
- 9 Nailsea church awarded grant for repairs and reopening
- 10 Portishead Open Air Pool to reopen on Friday