Phyllis hits 100
- Credit: Archant
A GREAT-GRANDMOTHER was surrounded by her family to celebrate her 100th birthday in Clevedon.
Phyllis Woodgate marked her century on February 13 and was joined by her three children, Peggy, Ann and Philip, and some of her grandchildren at Clevedon Court Nursing Home.
Born in Burton-on-Trent, Phyllis later married her husband Alec in 1937, who worked as a barber.
While living in the Staffordshire town, she began a long career with Marks and Spencer in her role as a window dresser and later in life ran her very own gift shop.
In 1999, Phyllis moved to Clevedon to be closer to her daughter Peggy and made her home at Pembroke Court in Elton Road before moving to Clevedon Court five years ago.
You may also want to watch:
Phyllis, described by Peggy as a friendly and active lady throughout her life, has six grandchildren as well as eight great-grandchildren.
- 1 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 2 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 3 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 4 Clevedon girl, 4, wins music award
- 5 Another North Somerset school hit with Covid cases
- 6 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 7 Man suffers head injuries after armed confrontation outside pub
- 8 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 9 Portishead awarded GreenSeas Trust bin to tackle plastic pollution
- 10 Plans for housing on Backwell fields take step forward