PHOTOS: Tasty treats at Portishead Vegan Fair
- Credit: Archant
A tantalising selection of tasty treats were served up at the weekend as Portishead hosted its first vegan fair.
A wide range of traders showcased their culinary creations at Somerset Hall on Saturday.
Hundreds of people turned out for the inaugural event, which featured dozens of stalls offering delicious dishes.
Veganism has boomed in popularity in recent years, and many attended the fair after tackling the Veganuary challenge – where people ditched meat and dairy products for a month to kickstart a healthy lifestyle.
Vegan pizzas, pies and burgers were among the creations served up.
You may also want to watch:
A range of workshops and classes were also held, meaning people new to the lifestyle could pick up tips and tricks to help make the habit stick.
- 1 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 2 Exceptional house with grounds, countryside views and outbuildings
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 4 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 5 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 8 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 9 Charity launches cream tea fundraiser
- 10 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom