Photo galleries: GCSE results day
GCSE students across North Somerset have once again gained some outstanding results.
Across the district, 79 per cent of pupils gained five or more A*-C grades and 57.3 per cent of pupils gained five or more A*-C grades including English and maths.
These were up by three per cent and 1.2 per cent respectively on last year’s results.
St Katherine’s School pupils reached the highest ever figure for a North Somerset school with 90 per cent of students gaining five or more grades at A*-C.
Year 11 students at Clevedon School broke all records set by previous year groups and at Gordano School pupils equalled an impressive level set by last year’s students.
You may also want to watch:
At Nailsea School, 74 per cent of results were graded at A*-C.
* For more pictures and details about individual schools click on the links to the right.
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 4 Funding ensures children benefit from healthy food and holiday clubs this summer
- 5 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 6 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 7 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 8 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 9 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 10 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe