Photo galleries: GCSE results day
GCSE students across North Somerset have once again gained some outstanding results.
Across the district, 79 per cent of pupils gained five or more A*-C grades and 57.3 per cent of pupils gained five or more A*-C grades including English and maths.
These were up by three per cent and 1.2 per cent respectively on last year’s results.
St Katherine’s School pupils reached the highest ever figure for a North Somerset school with 90 per cent of students gaining five or more grades at A*-C.
Year 11 students at Clevedon School broke all records set by previous year groups and at Gordano School pupils equalled an impressive level set by last year’s students.
You may also want to watch:
At Nailsea School, 74 per cent of results were graded at A*-C.
* For more pictures and details about individual schools click on the links to the right.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 4 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 9 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 10 Health club thanks NHS workers with free memberships