Phone hackers target MP Fox
NORTH Somerset’s MP Dr Liam Fox has found out this week that attempts were made to hack into his voicemail.
Police have contacted Dr Fox to inform him that during investigations into illegal phone hacking, they discovered he had been a target.
A spokesman for the MP said: “Dr Fox confirms that he has been informed by the police that attempts were made to hack into his voice mail.
“His bank details and a number of financial transactions were found in the records they have been investigating as part of the Operation Weeting. Investigations are ongoing.”
It is not clear when Dr Fox, the Government’s former Defence Secretary, was targeted but he is now consulting his lawyers on the issue.
You may also want to watch:
Operation Weeting was launched by Scotland Yard last year to investigate allegations of phone hacking by private investigators working for some national newspapers, most notably the News of the World.
- 1 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 2 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 U-turn as West of England Combined Authority formally opposes Bristol Airport expansion
- 5 Duck race raises £1,000 for children's hospice
- 6 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 7 WIN: Tickets to latest James Bond film
- 8 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 9 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 10 Woodspring Women earn first ever win over Burnham United Ladies Reserves