Phone hackers target MP Fox
NORTH Somerset’s MP Dr Liam Fox has found out this week that attempts were made to hack into his voicemail.
Police have contacted Dr Fox to inform him that during investigations into illegal phone hacking, they discovered he had been a target.
A spokesman for the MP said: “Dr Fox confirms that he has been informed by the police that attempts were made to hack into his voice mail.
“His bank details and a number of financial transactions were found in the records they have been investigating as part of the Operation Weeting. Investigations are ongoing.”
It is not clear when Dr Fox, the Government’s former Defence Secretary, was targeted but he is now consulting his lawyers on the issue.
You may also want to watch:
Operation Weeting was launched by Scotland Yard last year to investigate allegations of phone hacking by private investigators working for some national newspapers, most notably the News of the World.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 4 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 9 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 10 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style