Phone hackers target MP Fox
NORTH Somerset’s MP Dr Liam Fox has found out this week that attempts were made to hack into his voicemail.
Police have contacted Dr Fox to inform him that during investigations into illegal phone hacking, they discovered he had been a target.
A spokesman for the MP said: “Dr Fox confirms that he has been informed by the police that attempts were made to hack into his voice mail.
“His bank details and a number of financial transactions were found in the records they have been investigating as part of the Operation Weeting. Investigations are ongoing.”
It is not clear when Dr Fox, the Government’s former Defence Secretary, was targeted but he is now consulting his lawyers on the issue.
Operation Weeting was launched by Scotland Yard last year to investigate allegations of phone hacking by private investigators working for some national newspapers, most notably the News of the World.
- 1 Yatton RFC make history with first ever under-nine game
- 2 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 3 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 4 Portishead teachers may strike due to long working hours
- 5 Glastonbury 2022: Who is confirmed and how do I get tickets?
- 6 Tributes paid to much-loved former councillor Derrick Lovering
- 7 Covid cases still rising in North Somerset
- 8 New free BMX track proposed for Portishead
- 9 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 10 Work on new Cheddar pump track set to begin