Penny Brohn volunteer awards
DEDICATED volunteers at a North Somerset cancer charity have been rewarded for their hard work.
To mark its 30th anniversary year, Penny Brohn Cancer Care in Pill presented awards to volunteers in recognition of all they have done for the charity.
This included Gary Bressington from Clevedon who volunteers at every event Penny Brohn Cancer Care is involved in from the MoodWalk to the centre open days.
He has spent days in the pouring rain and contacts the centre whenever he has time off work to offer his services – often bringing his children along too.
David Shattock from Wraxall was also given an achievement award after volunteering on the charity’s helpline for eight years.
You may also want to watch:
After training, he has taken calls from hundreds of people who have been diagnosed with cancer.
Penny Brohn Cancer Care is based in Chapel Pill Lane and has a dedicated facility for providing complementary support for people with cancer and their loved ones.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Village pub conversion rejected by council
- 3 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 4 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 5 Green light for active travel scheme
- 6 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 7 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 8 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 9 Charming period house with pretty gardens and coastal views
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week