Penny Brohn volunteer awards
DEDICATED volunteers at a North Somerset cancer charity have been rewarded for their hard work.
To mark its 30th anniversary year, Penny Brohn Cancer Care in Pill presented awards to volunteers in recognition of all they have done for the charity.
This included Gary Bressington from Clevedon who volunteers at every event Penny Brohn Cancer Care is involved in from the MoodWalk to the centre open days.
He has spent days in the pouring rain and contacts the centre whenever he has time off work to offer his services – often bringing his children along too.
David Shattock from Wraxall was also given an achievement award after volunteering on the charity’s helpline for eight years.
You may also want to watch:
After training, he has taken calls from hundreds of people who have been diagnosed with cancer.
Penny Brohn Cancer Care is based in Chapel Pill Lane and has a dedicated facility for providing complementary support for people with cancer and their loved ones.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 3 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 4 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 9 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 10 Health club thanks NHS workers with free memberships