Penny Brohn volunteer awards
DEDICATED volunteers at a North Somerset cancer charity have been rewarded for their hard work.
To mark its 30th anniversary year, Penny Brohn Cancer Care in Pill presented awards to volunteers in recognition of all they have done for the charity.
This included Gary Bressington from Clevedon who volunteers at every event Penny Brohn Cancer Care is involved in from the MoodWalk to the centre open days.
He has spent days in the pouring rain and contacts the centre whenever he has time off work to offer his services – often bringing his children along too.
David Shattock from Wraxall was also given an achievement award after volunteering on the charity’s helpline for eight years.
After training, he has taken calls from hundreds of people who have been diagnosed with cancer.
Penny Brohn Cancer Care is based in Chapel Pill Lane and has a dedicated facility for providing complementary support for people with cancer and their loved ones.
- 1 'Historic' Down Syndrome bill set to become law
- 2 How a family-run funeral directors can help to provide peace of mind
- 3 Man completely covers his house with festive lights to 'spread Christmas cheer'
- 4 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 5 Three-day Christmas market coming to North Somerset
- 6 Clevedon family braves cold water challenge in memory of grandad
- 7 Christmas lights to be switched on in Clevedon this weekend
- 8 Environmental groups accused for Portishead rail delay
- 9 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 10 Nightclub conversion approved