Musical night raises more than £1,800 for Penny Brohn UK
- Credit: N/A
Musical fans hopped on the Chattanooga Choo Choo and went Over The Rainbow during a ‘magnificent’ musical evening.
More than 175 people helped Pill-based charity Penny Brohn UK’s Night At The Musicals raise more than £1,800.
Soprano Rachael Cooper and the Cheddar Male Voice Choir amazed the crowd with two action-packed performances.
Organiser Ian Riddell said: “It was a magnificent musical extravaganza.
“Hits including Rhythm Of Life, You’ll Never Walk Along and Love Never Dies really got people tapping, singing and smiling.
You may also want to watch:
“The award-winning group and Rachael’s finale, Climb Every Mountain, was sublime and closed to rapturous applause.”
Ticket sales and a raffle helped the cancer charity raise the money to continue its work supporting families and individuals who are affected by the life-threatening disease.
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 3 Leisure centre to reopen next year following repairs
- 4 Shop Local: Popular fruit and veg specialist launches new website
- 5 New multi-million pound sports facility for Backwell School
- 6 Appeal for help to find missing teenager
- 7 'Outstanding’ town council clerk stands down
- 8 Portishead couple raises £5k for charity in support of close friend after cancer diagnosis
- 9 Pubs and breweries running delivery and collection services during lockdown
- 10 Further delays for rail project