- Credit: Archant
VOLLEYBALL, tennis, basketball, badminton and cricket are just some of the sports being introduced to youngsters in Portishead.
New Saturday Sports sessions at Portishead Youth Centre allow children aged eight to 11 years to try out different activities in a relaxed environment.
Centre assistant manager Kim Dodd said: “Our research suggests that while Portishead has lots of Saturday sports for young people, many of them require long-term commitment.
“The young people we talked to told us they don’t want to play the same sport every week and would like something flexible. This is why we have come up with a range of activities available on a pay-and-play basis.
“This is a great opportunity for young people to get active while having lots of fun.”
You may also want to watch:
The sports sessions, which are run by fully-qualified, experienced coaches, take place between 10-11am at the Harbour Road premises.
Sessions costs £3.50. To find out more call 01275 842461.
- 1 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 2 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 3 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 4 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 5 Appeal to find missing teenager Ruben
- 6 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses
- 7 Clevedon School orders year groups to self-isolate after Covid outbreak
- 8 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 9 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in North Somerset
- 10 Clevedon LTC launch new beginners groups