There With You: Clevedon residents starts ‘positive’ Facebook group
- Credit: Archant
A Facebook page providing positive news and posts has been created by a Clevedon woman.
Pauline Cox has started the page called Keep Smiling to reduce loneliness, feelings of isolation and depression.
The founder of Sow and Arrow, in Old Street, says the aim of the page is to provide entertainment in an online environment for people to remain connected and still feel a part of the community.
Pauline said: “We felt there was a need for a page that only provides heart-warming and happy stories and reduce social isolation. It is a way for us to talk to local business owners too and share stories about what they are doing to adapt to the changing climate.
“I feel the elderly are the most vulnerable in this time.
You may also want to watch:
“Anything we can do to bring joy in their news feed is really important.
“We have so many ideas we’re brainstorming.”
To follow the group, visit the ‘Keep Smiling’ page on Facebook.
- 1 EE switches on super-fast 5G in Portishead
- 2 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
- 3 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 4 Portishead garden protected from development
- 5 Clevedon re-sign former wicketkeeper Will Plummer from Weston ahead of 2021 season
- 6 Murray named player of month at Clevedon
- 7 Ambitious West of England mass transit project motors forward
- 8 Somerset Speedway to sit out 2021 season
- 9 Portishead GP reminds people to wait for coronavirus vaccine call
- 10 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown