Paula walks the walk
A NAILSEA woman is in training to take on a mammoth challenge to a raise money for a breast cancer charity.
Paula Lee will walk almost four marathons over four days during the Walk the Walk power walking event, being held in Nijmegen, Holland, from July 18-21.
The 52-year-old of Causeway View is currently preparing herself for the 103-mile feat with a 14-week training programme.
Walk the Walk is a charity aimed at raising awareness of breast cancer and also raising money toward research by holding numerous power-walking events around the world, including the well-known Moon Walk in London that sees women walking in decorated bras.
Paula, a mother-of-two originally from Holland, decided to raise money for Walk for Walk after attending breast screening appointments herself.
She took part in the Bristol Moon Walk last year and has always wanted to complete the challenge in Holland.
* Anyone wishing to sponsor Paula can visit the webpage www.walkthewalkfundraising.org/paulina_prijs
- 1 Construction training centre opens in Portishead
- 2 Appeal launched to save town's Christmas light displays
- 3 Taxpayers paid £60k for Liam Fox's failed bid for WTO job: Reports
- 4 Portishead-Bristol bus plan would save £100 MILLION, campaigner claims
- 5 Work on new Cheddar pump track set to begin
- 6 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 7 Court rules that Baytree School expansion can go ahead
- 8 New Clevedon charity is helping to create the scientists of the future
- 9 Clevedon Lions Dream Scheme has opened to help good causes
- 10 Geocaching added to Nailsea Heritage Trail