Paula walks the walk
A NAILSEA woman is in training to take on a mammoth challenge to a raise money for a breast cancer charity.
Paula Lee will walk almost four marathons over four days during the Walk the Walk power walking event, being held in Nijmegen, Holland, from July 18-21.
The 52-year-old of Causeway View is currently preparing herself for the 103-mile feat with a 14-week training programme.
Walk the Walk is a charity aimed at raising awareness of breast cancer and also raising money toward research by holding numerous power-walking events around the world, including the well-known Moon Walk in London that sees women walking in decorated bras.
Paula, a mother-of-two originally from Holland, decided to raise money for Walk for Walk after attending breast screening appointments herself.
You may also want to watch:
She took part in the Bristol Moon Walk last year and has always wanted to complete the challenge in Holland.
* Anyone wishing to sponsor Paula can visit the webpage www.walkthewalkfundraising.org/paulina_prijs
- 1 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 2 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 U-turn as West of England Combined Authority formally opposes Bristol Airport expansion
- 5 Duck race raises £1,000 for children's hospice
- 6 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 7 WIN: Tickets to latest James Bond film
- 8 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 9 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 10 Pupils beat parents in school fun run