Paula walks the walk
A NAILSEA woman is in training to take on a mammoth challenge to a raise money for a breast cancer charity.
Paula Lee will walk almost four marathons over four days during the Walk the Walk power walking event, being held in Nijmegen, Holland, from July 18-21.
The 52-year-old of Causeway View is currently preparing herself for the 103-mile feat with a 14-week training programme.
Walk the Walk is a charity aimed at raising awareness of breast cancer and also raising money toward research by holding numerous power-walking events around the world, including the well-known Moon Walk in London that sees women walking in decorated bras.
Paula, a mother-of-two originally from Holland, decided to raise money for Walk for Walk after attending breast screening appointments herself.
You may also want to watch:
She took part in the Bristol Moon Walk last year and has always wanted to complete the challenge in Holland.
* Anyone wishing to sponsor Paula can visit the webpage www.walkthewalkfundraising.org/paulina_prijs
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 4 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 5 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 6 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 7 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 8 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 9 How to order free Covid home tests
- 10 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset