Pat (78) faces hot coals for kids
A 78-YEAR-old woman from Nailsea will be braving hot coals to raise money for a children’s charity.
Pat Keen has signed up to the Children’s Hospice South West’s Firewalk which is being held in Weston on October 20.
Pat said: “There are lots of things I still want to achieve and when I saw the firewalk flyer I thought why not.
“My arthritis means I can’t walk too far so the idea of a short walk is ideal. I have visited CHSW’s Charlton Farm hospice in Wraxall and was really keen to be able to support the fantastic work it does with life limited children and their families.”
Pat is now appealing for others to step up to the challenge. The charity will be holding a barbecue and fire-throwing displays to keep spectators entertained on the night as they wait to watch family and friends complete the challenge.
You may also want to watch:
To register to take part in the Firewalk visit www.chsw.org.uk/fire or call 01275 866600.
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 4 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 5 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 6 Age UK looking for North Somerset volunteers
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 9 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 10 Light the Night celebration to take place in Clevedon