Pat (78) faces hot coals for kids
A 78-YEAR-old woman from Nailsea will be braving hot coals to raise money for a children’s charity.
Pat Keen has signed up to the Children’s Hospice South West’s Firewalk which is being held in Weston on October 20.
Pat said: “There are lots of things I still want to achieve and when I saw the firewalk flyer I thought why not.
“My arthritis means I can’t walk too far so the idea of a short walk is ideal. I have visited CHSW’s Charlton Farm hospice in Wraxall and was really keen to be able to support the fantastic work it does with life limited children and their families.”
Pat is now appealing for others to step up to the challenge. The charity will be holding a barbecue and fire-throwing displays to keep spectators entertained on the night as they wait to watch family and friends complete the challenge.
You may also want to watch:
To register to take part in the Firewalk visit www.chsw.org.uk/fire or call 01275 866600.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 3 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 4 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 7 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 10 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans