Pat (78) faces hot coals for kids
A 78-YEAR-old woman from Nailsea will be braving hot coals to raise money for a children’s charity.
Pat Keen has signed up to the Children’s Hospice South West’s Firewalk which is being held in Weston on October 20.
Pat said: “There are lots of things I still want to achieve and when I saw the firewalk flyer I thought why not.
“My arthritis means I can’t walk too far so the idea of a short walk is ideal. I have visited CHSW’s Charlton Farm hospice in Wraxall and was really keen to be able to support the fantastic work it does with life limited children and their families.”
Pat is now appealing for others to step up to the challenge. The charity will be holding a barbecue and fire-throwing displays to keep spectators entertained on the night as they wait to watch family and friends complete the challenge.
You may also want to watch:
To register to take part in the Firewalk visit www.chsw.org.uk/fire or call 01275 866600.
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 4 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 5 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 6 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 7 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 8 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 9 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 10 Restricting more flights from airport would have 'profound implications for society', says lawyer