Clevedon owl’s ‘remarkable’ escape
- Credit: Contributed
A tawny owl has been rescued after being found stuck in a wood burner in Clevedon.
The bird fell down the chimney into the fireplace at a home in Old Church Road.
The RSPCA was called to the incident where the owl was safely rescued by experts.
RSPCA inspector Kim Walters said the owl has now been fully released back into the wild.
She said: “We advised the caller not to open the wood burner as there were no windows in the room for the owl to escape.
You may also want to watch:
“Fortunately once the owl had been freed I was able to release him back to the wild.
“To think that the owl fell all the way down the chimney and into the wood burner without any injuries is remarkable.”
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 3 Leisure centre to reopen next year following repairs
- 4 Shop Local: Popular fruit and veg specialist launches new website
- 5 New multi-million pound sports facility for Backwell School
- 6 Appeal for help to find missing teenager
- 7 'Outstanding’ town council clerk stands down
- 8 Portishead couple raises £5k for charity in support of close friend after cancer diagnosis
- 9 Pubs and breweries running delivery and collection services during lockdown
- 10 Further delays for rail project
The RSPCA recommends to avoid handling birds of prey and advises people to call its 24-hour emergency line on 03001 234999.