Clevedon owl’s ‘remarkable’ escape
PUBLISHED: 12:00 19 February 2018
A tawny owl has been rescued after being found stuck in a wood burner in Clevedon.
The bird fell down the chimney into the fireplace at a home in Old Church Road.
The RSPCA was called to the incident where the owl was safely rescued by experts.
RSPCA inspector Kim Walters said the owl has now been fully released back into the wild.
She said: “We advised the caller not to open the wood burner as there were no windows in the room for the owl to escape.
“Fortunately once the owl had been freed I was able to release him back to the wild.
“To think that the owl fell all the way down the chimney and into the wood burner without any injuries is remarkable.”
The RSPCA recommends to avoid handling birds of prey and advises people to call its 24-hour emergency line on 03001 234999.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the North Somerset Times. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.