Open house at children’s hospice
- Credit: supplied
A CHILDREN’S charity is to open its doors to visitors next week to show what goes on behind the scenes.
Children’s Hospice South West (CHSW), which cares for ill children at Charlton Farm in Wraxall, wants people to have a look at what work it does and how it benefits those most in need.
The two-day event, on January 25 and 26, will allow visitors to have a guided tour of the facilities which range from a spa room to a children’s soft-play area.
Nicola Orchard, who is head of care at the hospice, said visitors may be taken aback by what they see.
She said: “A guided tour is the ideal way to dispel any misconceptions people may have about children’s hospices and many visitors are very surprised by what they discover.
You may also want to watch:
“We provide a loving and caring place for every member of the family, a place where everyone can begin to forget their worries for a while and be a family again. This means our hospices are often filled with joy and laughter.
“There is no mistaking the serious work we do, but the atmosphere of the hospice isn’t what you might imagine.”
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 6 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 7 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 8 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 9 PICTURES: Hot air balloons take flight over Bristol at Fiesta Fortnight launch
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
To book a tour place call the hospice on 01275 866600 or email email@example.com