Olympic torch route revealed
THE Olympic torch route has been announced ahead of its visit on Wednesday.
With the torch set to arrive UK in Cornwall from Greece this evening, Nailsea, Backwell, Flax Bourton and Failand is preparing itself to be at the centre of the sporting world.
The tour will start in Station Road (A370) in Flax Bourton at 6.20am before heading towards Backwell.
It will then turn right towards Nailsea and proceed along Queens Road and Mizzymead Road, passed Nailsea School. It is due to arrive at the High Street at 7.18am.
The torch will then by passed along Clevedon Road and towards Failand along the A369 and be carried across the Clifton Suspension Bridge.
You may also want to watch:
The torch, which will be on its fifth day of a 70-day tour, will be passed from volunteer-to-volunteer who were selected from thousands of applicants.
And a flame, lit from the Olympic torch, will come to Weston seafront at 10.15 on the same day.
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 Woodspring Women earn first ever win over Burnham United Ladies Reserves
- 3 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 4 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 5 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 6 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 7 Pupils beat parents in school fun run
- 8 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 9 Nailsea & Tickenham maintain unbeaten start with comfortable win over Chard
- 10 Gordano RFC edge out Clevedon RFC to maintain perfect start to season
The Olympic flame, rather than the torch itself, will be outside the Grand Pier for about 20 minutes.