Soccer match in Rob’s memory
THE death of a popular teenager will be marked with a football tournament organised by his younger brother.
Jonny Burnett, of Stream Close, Claverham, has organised a four-team tournament in Yatton, to mark two years since his brother Rob died while holidaying in Majorca.
Rob drowned on August 6, 2010 at a beach in the holiday resort of Magaluf.
Fifteen-year-old Johnny said: “He died when only 19 and was very popular in the community.
“Rob was very in to boating and cars and he played football for his local team in Yatton.He was a really nice guy and down to earth too. We just want to mark his death and remember him.”
You may also want to watch:
The football event, which will take place on August 4 at 1pm, will feature a barbecue before moving onto the Prince of Orange pub in High Street.
Last year a similar event attracted about 200 visitors to Greenfield Crescent in Nailsea, but this year it will be held at the playing fields in Rock Road.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 5 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 6 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 7 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 8 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 9 Housing group contributes £400,000 for North Somerset rugby club revamp
- 10 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads