Soccer match in Rob’s memory
THE death of a popular teenager will be marked with a football tournament organised by his younger brother.
Jonny Burnett, of Stream Close, Claverham, has organised a four-team tournament in Yatton, to mark two years since his brother Rob died while holidaying in Majorca.
Rob drowned on August 6, 2010 at a beach in the holiday resort of Magaluf.
Fifteen-year-old Johnny said: “He died when only 19 and was very popular in the community.
“Rob was very in to boating and cars and he played football for his local team in Yatton.He was a really nice guy and down to earth too. We just want to mark his death and remember him.”
You may also want to watch:
The football event, which will take place on August 4 at 1pm, will feature a barbecue before moving onto the Prince of Orange pub in High Street.
Last year a similar event attracted about 200 visitors to Greenfield Crescent in Nailsea, but this year it will be held at the playing fields in Rock Road.
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 3 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 4 North Somerset Council urges businesses to apply for grant funding
- 5 Daly on Portishead Town's season so far and ambitions for the future
- 6 'Every time you are active, your mental health improves'
- 7 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 8 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 9 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 10 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week