Soccer match in Rob’s memory
THE death of a popular teenager will be marked with a football tournament organised by his younger brother.
Jonny Burnett, of Stream Close, Claverham, has organised a four-team tournament in Yatton, to mark two years since his brother Rob died while holidaying in Majorca.
Rob drowned on August 6, 2010 at a beach in the holiday resort of Magaluf.
Fifteen-year-old Johnny said: “He died when only 19 and was very popular in the community.
“Rob was very in to boating and cars and he played football for his local team in Yatton.He was a really nice guy and down to earth too. We just want to mark his death and remember him.”
You may also want to watch:
The football event, which will take place on August 4 at 1pm, will feature a barbecue before moving onto the Prince of Orange pub in High Street.
Last year a similar event attracted about 200 visitors to Greenfield Crescent in Nailsea, but this year it will be held at the playing fields in Rock Road.
- 1 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 5 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 6 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 7 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 8 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 9 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 10 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners