Sailing club president dies
- Credit: supplied
THE president of Clevedon Sailing Club has died at the age of 79.
Ian Munro became the president this year and had previously been a long-standing member of the club, with which he served as a rear commodore and also on the executive and social committee.
Ian was born in Kilmarnock, Scotland, in 1933, and later graduated from Imperial College London.
He spent the war working in the dangerous role of manufacturing explosives before moving to Bristol where he met and married Jean Scully.
The couple moved to a home in Cleeve and, following Jean’s death, Ian then moved to Copse Road in Clevedon.
You may also want to watch:
He became a member of the town’s Conservative club and The Triangle Club. He was also a very active volunteer in St Peter’s Hospice shops.
Ian died in Weston General Hospital on February 17 and leaves two daughters, Susan and Sally.
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 4 Funding ensures children benefit from healthy food and holiday clubs this summer
- 5 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 6 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 7 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 8 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 9 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 10 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe