Sailing club president dies
- Credit: supplied
THE president of Clevedon Sailing Club has died at the age of 79.
Ian Munro became the president this year and had previously been a long-standing member of the club, with which he served as a rear commodore and also on the executive and social committee.
Ian was born in Kilmarnock, Scotland, in 1933, and later graduated from Imperial College London.
He spent the war working in the dangerous role of manufacturing explosives before moving to Bristol where he met and married Jean Scully.
The couple moved to a home in Cleeve and, following Jean’s death, Ian then moved to Copse Road in Clevedon.
You may also want to watch:
He became a member of the town’s Conservative club and The Triangle Club. He was also a very active volunteer in St Peter’s Hospice shops.
Ian died in Weston General Hospital on February 17 and leaves two daughters, Susan and Sally.
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 3 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 4 Daly on Portishead Town's season so far and ambitions for the future
- 5 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 6 North Somerset Council urges businesses to apply for grant funding
- 7 'Every time you are active, your mental health improves'
- 8 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 9 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 10 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown