Sailing club president dies
- Credit: supplied
THE president of Clevedon Sailing Club has died at the age of 79.
Ian Munro became the president this year and had previously been a long-standing member of the club, with which he served as a rear commodore and also on the executive and social committee.
Ian was born in Kilmarnock, Scotland, in 1933, and later graduated from Imperial College London.
He spent the war working in the dangerous role of manufacturing explosives before moving to Bristol where he met and married Jean Scully.
The couple moved to a home in Cleeve and, following Jean’s death, Ian then moved to Copse Road in Clevedon.
You may also want to watch:
He became a member of the town’s Conservative club and The Triangle Club. He was also a very active volunteer in St Peter’s Hospice shops.
Ian died in Weston General Hospital on February 17 and leaves two daughters, Susan and Sally.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 5 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 6 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 7 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 8 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 9 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads
- 10 Housing group contributes £400,000 for North Somerset rugby club revamp