Sailing club president dies
- Credit: supplied
THE president of Clevedon Sailing Club has died at the age of 79.
Ian Munro became the president this year and had previously been a long-standing member of the club, with which he served as a rear commodore and also on the executive and social committee.
Ian was born in Kilmarnock, Scotland, in 1933, and later graduated from Imperial College London.
He spent the war working in the dangerous role of manufacturing explosives before moving to Bristol where he met and married Jean Scully.
The couple moved to a home in Cleeve and, following Jean’s death, Ian then moved to Copse Road in Clevedon.
You may also want to watch:
He became a member of the town’s Conservative club and The Triangle Club. He was also a very active volunteer in St Peter’s Hospice shops.
Ian died in Weston General Hospital on February 17 and leaves two daughters, Susan and Sally.
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 4 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 5 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 6 Age UK looking for North Somerset volunteers
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 9 Light the Night celebration to take place in Clevedon
- 10 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders