Popular Clevedon character dies
A POPULAR Clevedon character has died following a short but brave fight with cancer.
Willy Dunscombe, who lived and worked in Clevedon, died on September 19 aged 77.
He first moved to the area in 1960s making lifelong friends.
Although he lived in Bristol for a time he continued to work in Clevedon and Portishead, establishing a successful estate agency, working with Portishead estate agent Andrew Hill.
In recent years Willy returned to live in Clevedon and set up the surveying practice, Fielder and Dunscombe.
You may also want to watch:
His daughter Helen Hooper said: “He enjoyed his time in Clevedon and loved being part of the community, he will be very much missed by family, friends and colleagues.”
A memorial service will be held at 1.30pm on Wednesday at St Albans Church, Westbury Park, Bristol. Tea, coffee and cake will be served afterward in the Church Hall.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 6 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 7 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 8 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 9 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 10 Medal joy for North Somerset athletes at English Schools Championships