Popular Clevedon character dies
A POPULAR Clevedon character has died following a short but brave fight with cancer.
Willy Dunscombe, who lived and worked in Clevedon, died on September 19 aged 77.
He first moved to the area in 1960s making lifelong friends.
Although he lived in Bristol for a time he continued to work in Clevedon and Portishead, establishing a successful estate agency, working with Portishead estate agent Andrew Hill.
In recent years Willy returned to live in Clevedon and set up the surveying practice, Fielder and Dunscombe.
You may also want to watch:
His daughter Helen Hooper said: “He enjoyed his time in Clevedon and loved being part of the community, he will be very much missed by family, friends and colleagues.”
A memorial service will be held at 1.30pm on Wednesday at St Albans Church, Westbury Park, Bristol. Tea, coffee and cake will be served afterward in the Church Hall.
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 3 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 4 North Somerset Council urges businesses to apply for grant funding
- 5 Daly on Portishead Town's season so far and ambitions for the future
- 6 'Every time you are active, your mental health improves'
- 7 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 8 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 9 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 10 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations