Picture gallery: Royal wedding celebrations
RED, white and blue bunting could be seen in many streets across North Somerset as crowds gathered to celebrate the royal wedding on Friday.
Union Jacks were also put up to mark the special day with traditional British street parties organised by residents in many towns and villages.
Schools, nurseries and groups of brownies and guides held their own royal wedding-themed events with some youngsters taking part in their own mock ceremonies and others enjoying a very British tea.
PUPILS at Portishead Primary School enjoyed a Great British Week in the run up to the Royal Wedding. The activities and celebrations culminated in a royal wedding garden party with a special tea supplied by Friends of the School.
STAFF and pupils held their own royal wedding at High Down Infant School in Portishead.
You may also want to watch:
The oldest six children in the school were chosen to play key roles during the mock ceremony in which head teacher Andreya Cowan demonstrated wedding protocol.
- 1 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 2 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 3 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 4 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 5 Carpenter remembers Clevedon's Bristol Combination Vase triumph
- 6 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
- 7 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 8 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 9 Volunteers launch website for Trendlewood Park
- 10 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown