Picture gallery: Royal wedding celebrations
RED, white and blue bunting could be seen in many streets across North Somerset as crowds gathered to celebrate the royal wedding on Friday.
Union Jacks were also put up to mark the special day with traditional British street parties organised by residents in many towns and villages.
Schools, nurseries and groups of brownies and guides held their own royal wedding-themed events with some youngsters taking part in their own mock ceremonies and others enjoying a very British tea.
PUPILS at Portishead Primary School enjoyed a Great British Week in the run up to the Royal Wedding. The activities and celebrations culminated in a royal wedding garden party with a special tea supplied by Friends of the School.
STAFF and pupils held their own royal wedding at High Down Infant School in Portishead.
You may also want to watch:
The oldest six children in the school were chosen to play key roles during the mock ceremony in which head teacher Andreya Cowan demonstrated wedding protocol.
- 1 Plans for housing on Backwell fields take step forward
- 2 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
- 3 Clevedon man to cycle 'own Tour De France' for breast cancer charity
- 4 Popular community centre café closes
- 5 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 6 Circus Zyair is coming to Weston-super-Mare
- 7 Events taking place across North Somerset
- 8 Hundreds take part in sponsored walk to raise money for charities
- 9 Valley Fest to go ahead with Texas as headliner
- 10 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts