Picture gallery: Royal wedding celebrations
RED, white and blue bunting could be seen in many streets across North Somerset as crowds gathered to celebrate the royal wedding on Friday.
Union Jacks were also put up to mark the special day with traditional British street parties organised by residents in many towns and villages.
Schools, nurseries and groups of brownies and guides held their own royal wedding-themed events with some youngsters taking part in their own mock ceremonies and others enjoying a very British tea.
PUPILS at Portishead Primary School enjoyed a Great British Week in the run up to the Royal Wedding. The activities and celebrations culminated in a royal wedding garden party with a special tea supplied by Friends of the School.
STAFF and pupils held their own royal wedding at High Down Infant School in Portishead.
You may also want to watch:
The oldest six children in the school were chosen to play key roles during the mock ceremony in which head teacher Andreya Cowan demonstrated wedding protocol.
- 1 From cleaning windows to playing for Ashton & Backwell - Coleman's story
- 2 Ashton & Backwell United progress in FA Vase after win at Stonehouse Town
- 3 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 4 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
- 5 Clevedon's home match with Gordano will be 'hugely proud moment' for Owen
- 6 Wildlife expert joins Portishead Arts Festival line-up
- 7 North Somerset mortgage firm named UK's number one broker for outstanding customer outcomes
- 8 Staff working 'tirelessly' to reopen school after 'catastrophic' flood damage
- 9 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 10 Funds of £20k available for North Somerset groups