June is mourned by family and friends
TRIBUTES have been paid to the mother of one of the largest families in Portishead.
June Fowler, died on August 23 aged 82.
The mum-of-12, who lived in Portishead from an early age, was known as a strong, colourful character who loved a joke and playing bingo.
In a moving tribute, her son Derrick said: “She was a strong lady who always put others first. She always had a smile for everyone and Portishead will be a sadder place without her outrageous humour.”
In addition to her six sons and six daughters, June, of Springfield Road, leaves 27 grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren.
You may also want to watch:
Her funeral will take place at St Peter’s Church in Portishead on September 7 at a time to be confirmed.
n Pictured: June Fowler with her 12 children.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 5 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 6 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 7 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 8 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 9 Housing group contributes £400,000 for North Somerset rugby club revamp
- 10 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads