June is mourned by family and friends
TRIBUTES have been paid to the mother of one of the largest families in Portishead.
June Fowler, died on August 23 aged 82.
The mum-of-12, who lived in Portishead from an early age, was known as a strong, colourful character who loved a joke and playing bingo.
In a moving tribute, her son Derrick said: “She was a strong lady who always put others first. She always had a smile for everyone and Portishead will be a sadder place without her outrageous humour.”
In addition to her six sons and six daughters, June, of Springfield Road, leaves 27 grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren.
You may also want to watch:
Her funeral will take place at St Peter’s Church in Portishead on September 7 at a time to be confirmed.
n Pictured: June Fowler with her 12 children.
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 4 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 5 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 6 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 7 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 8 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 9 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 10 Restricting more flights from airport would have 'profound implications for society', says lawyer