June is mourned by family and friends
TRIBUTES have been paid to the mother of one of the largest families in Portishead.
June Fowler, died on August 23 aged 82.
The mum-of-12, who lived in Portishead from an early age, was known as a strong, colourful character who loved a joke and playing bingo.
In a moving tribute, her son Derrick said: “She was a strong lady who always put others first. She always had a smile for everyone and Portishead will be a sadder place without her outrageous humour.”
In addition to her six sons and six daughters, June, of Springfield Road, leaves 27 grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren.
You may also want to watch:
Her funeral will take place at St Peter’s Church in Portishead on September 7 at a time to be confirmed.
n Pictured: June Fowler with her 12 children.
- 1 North Somerset Council urges businesses to apply for grant funding
- 2 Daly on Portishead Town's season so far and ambitions for the future
- 3 'Every time you are active, your mental health improves'
- 4 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 5 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 6 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 7 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 8 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 9 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 10 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5