June is mourned by family and friends
TRIBUTES have been paid to the mother of one of the largest families in Portishead.
June Fowler, died on August 23 aged 82.
The mum-of-12, who lived in Portishead from an early age, was known as a strong, colourful character who loved a joke and playing bingo.
In a moving tribute, her son Derrick said: “She was a strong lady who always put others first. She always had a smile for everyone and Portishead will be a sadder place without her outrageous humour.”
In addition to her six sons and six daughters, June, of Springfield Road, leaves 27 grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren.
You may also want to watch:
Her funeral will take place at St Peter’s Church in Portishead on September 7 at a time to be confirmed.
n Pictured: June Fowler with her 12 children.
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 4 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 5 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 6 Age UK looking for North Somerset volunteers
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 9 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 10 Light the Night celebration to take place in Clevedon