Former town councillor dies
- Credit: n/a
Tributes have been paid to a former Portishead town councillor who died last week.
Derek Rigby was married to Bridget and the pair lived in the Redcliffe Bay area of town.
In his spare time, Derek was a volunteer of a number of bodies, including being a trustee for the North Somerset Conservative Association.
He also was involved with the Probus club in Portishead and served on the town council. He infamously quit in 2006 over the town council’s deal to lease land to Portishead Town Football Club which he felt was against taxpayers’ interest.
Derek died aged 86 and his funeral will be held on April 23 at 2.15pm.
You may also want to watch:
It will take place at Canford Cemetery and Crematorium in Bristol.
Cllr David Pasley said: “He has bravely battled through serious health problems for some time but was determined to fight cancer and heart-related problems.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 3 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
- 4 WIN: Tickets to Cliff Richard live concert screening
- 5 North Somerset authors publish books
- 6 Nailsea & Backwell RFC v Bristol Imperial RFC LIVE BLOG
- 7 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 8 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 9 Coffee morning raises hundreds of pounds for two charities
- 10 Appeal after man injured in robbery
“He was a close friend of mine and I will miss him.”