North Somerset primary schools compete in public speaking show
- Credit: Wrington Vale Rotary Club
A team of Wrington students were awarded the top prize in the 2020 Youth Speaks competition
A team of Wrington Primary School students were awarded the top prize in the 2020 Youth Speaks competition.
The contest was hosted by the Wrington Vale Rotary Club and featured speakers from across North Somerset.
Each team spoke passionately on pressing matters, ranging from veganism to the effects of plastic in our oceans.
Individual awards were given to Megan Lake, of Burrington Primary School, for best chairman. Wrington's Ellie Sprouting was named best speaker and the vote of thanks award was reserved for Winscombe Primary School's Alannah Burton.
You may also want to watch:
The event's blue ribbon title was handed to Wrington Primary School's second group for their hard-hitting and informative performance; 'Taking Flight: The Future of Drones'.
Second and third prizes were handed to Churchill and Banwell Primary School's first group, respectively.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 3 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
- 4 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 5 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 6 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine
- 7 EE switches on super-fast 5G in Portishead
- 8 Portishead GP reminds people to wait for coronavirus vaccine call
- 9 Storyboat 700+ sets sail in Portishead for 2021
- 10 Portishead garden protected from development