How to apply for free funeral advice
- Credit: Sophia Jones
A North Somerset funeral director will hold free sessions to help answer questions residents may have about their own or a loved one's funeral.
Independent funeral celebrant, Gill Atkinson and funeral director, Sophia Jones hope to help with queries on rituals, location or other matters.
Gill explained that many people are left in the dark about funerals because of an unwillingness to talk about them.
She said: "So many people shy away from talking about funerals, especially their own and once the inevitable happens, families find themselves in a heightened emotional state.
"Then trying to organise a funeral with little idea of how to go about it and how best to give their loved one a fitting and personal send-off which truly reflects who they were, the life they led and what they meant to those closest to them."
These group sessions will be informal and free of charge but there is an option to take part in a one-to-one basis.
They will take place at either 4pm or 7pm on April 5 at 65 High Street in Nailsea.
- 1 A-level results 2022: Backwell School celebrate 'fantastic grades'
- 2 A-level results 2022: Students at Gordano School 'fly high'
- 3 A-level results 2022: 'Outstanding grades' at Clevedon School
- 4 Prestigious new development of one, two and three-bedroom apartments
- 5 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 6 New 24-hour gym to open in Portishead
- 7 Council and First Bus agree to save X5 service
- 8 Lib Dem councillors demand First Bus bosses 'reverse cuts now'
- 9 Backwell solar energy company to expand into Clevedon
- 10 Cleeve cement lead at top of table as batters shine on winning weekend
Call 07722 298550 to book a place.