North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- Credit: RitaE from Pixabay
Restaurants are now able to serve customers outdoors as part of the Government's four-step roadmap to easing lockdown restrictions in England.
From May 17, diners can be served indoors, and the Government hopes to lift almost all lockdown restrictions from June 21.
People will only be able to meet up in groups of six or as two households when visiting a restaurant from Monday, and the opening only extends to outdoor areas.
Current rules to order a substantial meal alongside an alcoholic drink will be scrapped and there will be no Government requirement for a curfew. Customers will have to order, eat and drink while seated outside and if people are being shown to a table or using the toilet, they will need to wear a mask.
Here are just some of the North Somerset restaurants which have already or will open their doors later this week.
Impero Lounge in Portishead High Street
The owners were excited to opened the doors to Impero Lounge on Monday for alfresco lounging and takeaway.
Bardolino Bristol in Frost Hill, Congresbury
- 1 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 2 Bristol Balloon Fiesta: Organisers planning 2021 event
- 3 Man with long Covid urges others to take virus seriously
- 4 May 17: Which pubs are reopening in North Somerset?
- 5 Conservative named as Avon and Somerset police and crime commissioner
- 6 Clevedon AC members enjoy Glastonbury 10k outing
- 7 Lions fund noticeboard for Backwell viewpoint
- 8 LOCAL BY-ELECTION: Portishead East district and town councillors elected
- 9 May 17: Bristol Airport 'disappointed' with green list
- 10 Mixed fortunes for Clevedon LTC teams on league return
The restaurant also opened for alfresco dining on Monday.
The Princes Motto in Barrow Street, Barrow Gurney
The owners opened the pub garden on Monday and were 'excited' to have everyone back at the CostaDelMotto.
La Marina in Lockside, Portishead
The restaurant has reopened for outside dining and gives thanks to the community for their ongoing custom and support throughout the lockdowns.
The Royal Inn in Pier Road, Portishead
The owners are 'so excited' to welcome people back and the beer garden for its reopening on Wednesday.
For more information about Covid-secure measures, visit the family pub/restaurant's Facebook page.
Venga in Portishead High Street
The restaurant's reservations system is now open for outdoor tables in the secret garden from Thursday and is operating initially from Thursday to Sunday.