Who is stealing drain covers in North Somerset?
- Credit: NSC
Residents have been asked to come forward with information after a series of gully covers have mysteriously disappeared across North Somerset.
Close to 40 drain covers are reported to be stolen from Nailsea, Wraxall and Wrington in a three day period.
North Somerset Council has called for CCTV or doorbell camera footage to be sent for use in an investigation.
A Facebook post for the authority read: "Apart from being incredibly dangerous, incidents like this can end up costing thousands as we have to ensure each gully is kept safe, while we arrange for replacement covers to be installed.
"If you have any information that could help the investigation please get in touch.
"We would love to hear from you and catch those responsible."
So far, Nates Lane, Wrington, Bristol Road, Wraxall and Trendlewood Way, Nailsea Park and Spindleberry Grove have been targeted.
- 1 A-level results 2022: Backwell School celebrate 'fantastic grades'
- 2 A-level results 2022: Students at Gordano School 'fly high'
- 3 A-level results 2022: 'Outstanding grades' at Clevedon School
- 4 Prestigious new development of one, two and three-bedroom apartments
- 5 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 6 New 24-hour gym to open in Portishead
- 7 Council and First Bus agree to save X5 service
- 8 Lib Dem councillors demand First Bus bosses 'reverse cuts now'
- 9 Deal means Portishead to Bristol rail line will open in 2026
- 10 Backwell solar energy company to expand into Clevedon
If you have information contact the police anonymously on 0800 555111 and give crime reference number 522078325 for Wrington or 202204030369 for Nailsea and Wraxall.