Housing plan for former factory put on hold by council
- Credit: Archant
Plans to redevelop a disused factory have been delayed.
Yatton Developments Ltd wants to turn the village’s former Titan Ladders base into a housing estate.
North Somerset Council’s planning team believe it should go ahead.
But councillors will have the final say and were due to vote on the scheme’s merits on November 14.
The item was deferred, however, to allow members to visit the area and see the uneven ground near the premises.
You may also want to watch:
Instead, a decision will be taken at the council meeting in mid-December.
Concerns have been raised by villagers and Yatton Parish Council.
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 3 Leisure centre to reopen next year following repairs
- 4 Shop Local: Popular fruit and veg specialist launches new website
- 5 New multi-million pound sports facility for Backwell School
- 6 Portishead couple raises £5k for charity in support of close friend after cancer diagnosis
- 7 'Outstanding’ town council clerk stands down
- 8 Further delays for rail project
- 9 Pubs and breweries running delivery and collection services during lockdown
One of the significant fears is how the estate will be managed with the proposed roads layout and size not meeting North Somerset Council’s specifications, meaning a third-party company would be responsible for maintaining them and arranging waste collections.