Nominations wanted for annual award
THE Times has stepped up to sponsor an annual award in Portishead once again.
Portishead in Bloom presents the John Daws Cup to a member of the community who has made an outstanding contribution to the town and the Times has agreed to sponsor the cup and provide �100 prize money for the winner.
Nominations are now being sought for the award, which is given in memory of the late John Daws, one of the founders of Portishead in Bloom.
It will be presented at the group’s annual general meeting in October.
Past winners include Gordon Randall who spent 12 years helping Portishead in Bloom, members of the Open Air Pool Trust who saved the swimming pool from closure, John and the late Edwina Tovey for their outstanding contribution to Portishead Horticultural Society, Portishead Christmas Lights Committee and carnival organisers Wendy Watkins and Jemma Cooper.
You may also want to watch:
Nominations should be sent as soon as possible to Sandy Tebbutt at 45 Nore Road, Portishead, BS20 6JY or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Changes to North Somerset Council’s executive team announced
- 2 Contemporary living with lovely estuary views
- 3 Creation of 'flimsy' roles at £7,000 is 'indefensible', says North Somerset councillor
- 4 Lord-Lieutenant unveils memorial to commemorate village war dead
- 5 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 6 April 12: Air ambulance charity has busiest week on record
- 7 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 8 Cleeve claim friendly win at Hambrook
- 9 How to order free Covid home tests
- 10 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser