No buyer for �4,500 town numberplate
A NUMBER plate which reads NA11 SEA won by a gambler in a casino has failed to attract any interest since being marketed in February.
A Staffordshire businessman hoped a proud Nailsea resident would snap up the unusual item, which is on sale for a cool �4,373.
Home improvement company magnate Nick Fellone, aged 45, won the plate in a poker game at the Dusk to Dawn casino in Nottingham where he regularly plays.
A fellow gambler put the plate in the kitty after running out of cash and after doing an internet search to check there was a town of that name, Nick accepted a retention certificate as part of his winnings.
He said: “I thought it might appeal to a company director or someone who lives in the town and is proud of their heritage.
You may also want to watch:
“But so far I have had no offers, which is really disappointing and I’m now regretting my decision to take it.”
Anyone interested can buy the trophy at The Plate Market Ltd.
- 1 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 4 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 5 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 6 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 7 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 8 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 9 Council plea to public as services impacted by pingdemic
- 10 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage