New Year target for firearms facility plans
A FORMAL planning application for a new police firearms training facility in Portishead is due to be submitted in the New Year.
This follows a series of consultation evenings put on by Avon and Somerset Constabulary last month to allow people to view the plans and give feedback on them.
More than 50 people attended the evenings with most giving positive comments about the proposals.
The force plans to build two enclosed indoor firing ranges, alongside a means-of-entry tactics house, classrooms and office, at Black Roack Quarry off Valley Road.
This will be used by officers from the Avon and Somerset as well as Gloucestershire and Wiltshire forces.
You may also want to watch:
The company chosen to build the facility will be announced in January and, following this, a planning application will be submitted to North Somerset Council in the hope construction can begin next summer.
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 3 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 4 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
- 5 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 6 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 7 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 8 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 9 Countryside charity condemns plan to build 600 homes in village
- 10 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill