New visitor experiences at Tyntesfield
A HOST of new events and visitor experiences will be put on at Tyntesfield from this week.
The National Trust-owned mansion and estate in Wraxall is a haven for historical tales as well as outdoor expeditions.
From Monday until October 30, special tours of the mansion’s top floors will give visitors the chance to discover the servants’ bedrooms and nurseries with the help of a knowledgeable tour guide. The tours will be held every Saturday to Wednesday at 11.30am. Normal admission charges apply plus a �10 ticket. Booking is essential on 0844 249 1895.
From Monday and throughout March from 10am-6pm, Smiler’s Secret Trail will allow people to see Tyntesfield through the eyes of the friendly estate cat. Prowl around the grounds and discover Smiler’s secret hideouts and all the best places to curl up for a cat nap. Normal gardens admission apply plus a �1 trail fee.
Also from Monday, visitors can enjoy an hour-long, free guided tour of the formal gardens and kitchen garden. Normal admission charges apply.
You may also want to watch:
From Tuesday until March 9, from 7.30-9.30pm. the Bristol Astronomical Society will hold evenings of seasonal star gazing for just �5. Those wishing to take part should meet in the main car park. These evenings are weather dependent so anyone interested should register their details with Tyntesfield by calling 01275 461907.
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 4 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 5 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 6 Age UK looking for North Somerset volunteers
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 9 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 10 Light the Night celebration to take place in Clevedon