New seat for nature reserve, thanks to Nailsea Lions
- Credit: Archant
Generous members of Nailsea Lions have donated a seat to a popular nature reserve.
The seat, which is made of recycled plastic, was installed on Moorend Spout Nature Reserve by volunteers from Nailsea Environment and Wildlife Trust.
The seat overlooks the pond which is teeming with wildlife and has views across the whole of the reserve.
There is also a pond-dipping platform nearby which children can use to discover different creatures.
Lions president Pam Hunt said she was delighted to see the seat installed and thanked the volunteers for their hard work in maintaining the reserve in such ‘excellent condition’.
You may also want to watch:
Moorend Spout Nature Reserve is located off Pound Lane and is open all year round.
It can be accessed from the footpath off Pound Lane, which has recently been improved by North Somerset Council.
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 3 Leisure centre to reopen next year following repairs
- 4 New multi-million pound sports facility for Backwell School
- 5 'Outstanding’ town council clerk stands down
- 6 Shop Local: ‘Huge impact’ on independent home décor business after second lockdown hits
- 7 Further delays for rail project
- 8 Appeal for help to find missing teenager
- 9 Shop Local: Popular fruit and veg specialist launches new website
- 10 Portishead couple raises £5k for charity in support of close friend after cancer diagnosis