Adults enjoy new rock school sessions
- Credit: Archant
New rock classes have begun in Portishead to enable adults to play instruments together.
Professional, gigging musicians are holding weekly sessions for people aged 18 to learn guitar, bass, drums and vocals.
Andy Collins, who runs the successful Rock Project for children, has started the Rock Project Encore.
He said: “We’ve noticed more and more adults – including parents of children who already attend The Rock project – are keen to have classes of their own.
“So I decided to launch an Encore school for those over the age of 18 who want to learn to play or sing in a band. This will hopefully attract the former Rock Project members who have left the school after turning 18 while also inspiring even more wannabe musicians to explore their music talents.”
You may also want to watch:
The Rock Project Encore is held every Wednesday at Portishead Youth Centre, in Harbour Road, from 8-9.30pm. For details call 07824 995219.
- 1 Man with long Covid urges others to take virus seriously
- 2 Nailsea church awarded grant for repairs and reopening
- 3 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 4 Stunning and modern four-bedroom home near open countryside
- 5 Nailsea teacher publishes book on cycling challenge
- 6 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta: Organisers planning 2021 event
- 8 Injury-hit Yatton show spirit in loss to Winscombe
- 9 May 17: Bristol Airport 'disappointed' with green list
- 10 WIN: Tickets to concert screened at Curzon Cinema