New police station opens for service
CLEVEDON’S police station has been relocated and opened today (Wed) at the town’s Castlewood offices.
Local people will now have to go to the Tickenham Road site, which is owned by North Somerset Council, to raise queries with the police and access force services.
The move has been made as part of an agreement with North Somerset Council and will eventually see the current police station in Queens Road sold off later this year.
Members of the neighbourhood policing team will remain based there until the summer, when they will move to Castlewood, and civilian staff will man the Castlewood facility, as they do at the current station.
The opening hours of the Castlewood facility are from 8.30am-5pm Mondays to Fridays. It will be closed at weekends.
You may also want to watch:
Outside of these hours, the police can be contacted using a phone on the outside of the building which will link through to the force’s non-emergency switchboard.
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 3 Nailsea & Tickenham maintain unbeaten start with comfortable win over Chard
- 4 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 5 North Somerset Arts Week is huge success
- 6 School athletics tracks gets eco-friendly floodlight boost
- 7 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 8 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
- 9 The Subways to perform at Bristol O2 Academy
- 10 Gordano RFC edge out Clevedon RFC to maintain perfect start to season