New jobs and name after housing association changes
WIDESPREAD changes at North Somerset’s biggest housing association have led to 65 new staff members being taken on at a new depot in Portishead.
NSHousing has also changed its name, while the adjustments also mean some staff will see wages reduced, and three others have been made redundant.
The company will now be known as Alliance Homes after people kept confusing it with North Somerset Council, while the name change will also allow it to compete elsewhere in the country.
The firm, which manages around 6,500 homes across the district, did not divulge the estimated cost of renaming, but said it would be ‘relatively minor’ as it would only affect signs at the company’s main offices in Portishead and Weston.
A company spokesman added that the firm’s budget for the financial year 2011/12 had not been changed as a result of the name change.
You may also want to watch:
The company said it was forced to make cuts to its supporting people department after the Government made �11.5million cuts to its supporting people funding last year, and North Somerset Council reduced the price of personal support contracts with NSHousing.
But 65 staff are being taken on as part of a new property care department which is being housed in a new depot in Harbour Court, Portishead, and will have a new fleet of vehicles.
- 1 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 2 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 3 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 4 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 5 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 6 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 7 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 8 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 9 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved
- 10 Protestors take to the streets against Bristol Airport
A spokesman for the association said: “We will continue to seek value for money in all of its service delivery and it is regretted that this may result in redundancy when the external environment changes and the company has to respond.”