New help for people with MS
NORTH Somerset people with multiple sclerosis could be in line for a boost – including extra benefits – thanks to a new partnership.
The North Somerset MS Society has teamed up with the area’s Citizens’ Advice Bureau (CAB) to offer support with benefits, housing, employment and debt.
The advice is specifically tailored to help those coping with MS, and has already helped award more than �100,000 in extra benefits.
Case workers have extensive knowledge of help available to those with MS, and can see people at the MS therapy centre in Nailsea, or the CAB or The Campus in Weston, while home visits can also be arranged.
North Somerset support volunteer Phil Sinclair said: “This new advisory service is a real boon for people with MS.
You may also want to watch:
“The nature of the condition means it is often hard for people to access the services, support and benefits they are entitled too, and we can now offer direct help to those affected.”
To learn more, telephone 01934 836223 or email firstname.lastname@example.org citing MS CAB worker service.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 7 Special school expansion progress
- 8 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 9 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 10 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022