New help for people with MS
NORTH Somerset people with multiple sclerosis could be in line for a boost – including extra benefits – thanks to a new partnership.
The North Somerset MS Society has teamed up with the area’s Citizens’ Advice Bureau (CAB) to offer support with benefits, housing, employment and debt.
The advice is specifically tailored to help those coping with MS, and has already helped award more than �100,000 in extra benefits.
Case workers have extensive knowledge of help available to those with MS, and can see people at the MS therapy centre in Nailsea, or the CAB or The Campus in Weston, while home visits can also be arranged.
North Somerset support volunteer Phil Sinclair said: “This new advisory service is a real boon for people with MS.
You may also want to watch:
“The nature of the condition means it is often hard for people to access the services, support and benefits they are entitled too, and we can now offer direct help to those affected.”
To learn more, telephone 01934 836223 or email email@example.com citing MS CAB worker service.
- 1 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 2 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 3 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 4 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 5 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 6 Council plea to public as services impacted by pingdemic
- 7 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 8 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 9 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 10 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved