New help for foster carers
NEW help and advice is on offer for foster carers, following the launch of a new group.
North Somerset Foster Care Association has been created to help offer support and guidance for people to who take on the vital role of caring for children.
The body was launched with an awareness event last week, which also helped collect money to run activities for youngsters, and set up a new helpline for members.
Fiona Berry, foster care association development manager at the Fostering Network, said: “It is wonderful to see foster carers uniting in North Somerset and developing this association.
“It provides the opportunity to foster carers and kinship carers to work together under one banner.
You may also want to watch:
“The project will continue to support the FCA and carry on working with the council to provide an effective voice for foster carers in North Somerset.”
- 1 ‘Perfect tribute’ as Clevedon Pier named pier of the year
- 2 Carpenter praises Clevedon following success over Chippenham
- 3 Chief constable's bid to overturn ruling on PC's racist language dismissed
- 4 Nailsea & Backwell under-16s get better of Weston on return to rugby
- 5 Business expansion plans get the go-ahead at Royal Portbury Dock
- 6 Nailsea teacher publishes book on cycling challenge
- 7 Suspension bridge to close for maintenance
- 8 Stunning and modern four-bedroom home near open countryside
- 9 Nailsea church awarded grant for repairs and reopening
- 10 THINGS TO DO: Inflatable theme park returns to Gatcombe Farm Shop