New help for foster carers
NEW help and advice is on offer for foster carers, following the launch of a new group.
North Somerset Foster Care Association has been created to help offer support and guidance for people to who take on the vital role of caring for children.
The body was launched with an awareness event last week, which also helped collect money to run activities for youngsters, and set up a new helpline for members.
Fiona Berry, foster care association development manager at the Fostering Network, said: “It is wonderful to see foster carers uniting in North Somerset and developing this association.
“It provides the opportunity to foster carers and kinship carers to work together under one banner.
You may also want to watch:
“The project will continue to support the FCA and carry on working with the council to provide an effective voice for foster carers in North Somerset.”
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 6 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 7 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 8 Carpenter wants top Clevedon performance for President's Day
- 9 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 10 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend