New groups at YMCA
NEW groups for youngsters and parents have been set up at Clevedon’s YMCA.
On Monday nights from 5.15-6.30pm, beginning on January 10, the Marson Road facility will hold activity sessions for young carers to allow them time to relax and have fun. A small fee of �1 per week applies.
On Tuesday nights from 7.30-9pm, beginning on January 18, the YMCA youth group will be run under a new format and new name, The Hive.
Aimed at children in school years seven to nine, the group will include activities teaching skills including cooking and DIY. The sessions, which it is hoped will help some youngsters with low self-esteem, will also include sporting activities, arts and crafts and model making. Again, a fee of �1 per week applies.
On Thursdays from 8-9.30pm, beginning on January 13, a free discussion group will be put on for parents of teenagers to allow them to get together, exchange advice and maybe let off some steam.
You may also want to watch:
Also, every Thursday from 12noon-2pm, soup and roll lunches are served at the YMCA for anyone who wants to drop in.
To find out more about the groups and activities run by the YMCA call 01275 878405.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 3 Village pub conversion rejected by council
- 4 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 5 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 6 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 7 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 8 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Green light for active travel scheme