New groups at YMCA
NEW groups for youngsters and parents have been set up at Clevedon’s YMCA.
On Monday nights from 5.15-6.30pm, beginning on January 10, the Marson Road facility will hold activity sessions for young carers to allow them time to relax and have fun. A small fee of �1 per week applies.
On Tuesday nights from 7.30-9pm, beginning on January 18, the YMCA youth group will be run under a new format and new name, The Hive.
Aimed at children in school years seven to nine, the group will include activities teaching skills including cooking and DIY. The sessions, which it is hoped will help some youngsters with low self-esteem, will also include sporting activities, arts and crafts and model making. Again, a fee of �1 per week applies.
On Thursdays from 8-9.30pm, beginning on January 13, a free discussion group will be put on for parents of teenagers to allow them to get together, exchange advice and maybe let off some steam.
You may also want to watch:
Also, every Thursday from 12noon-2pm, soup and roll lunches are served at the YMCA for anyone who wants to drop in.
To find out more about the groups and activities run by the YMCA call 01275 878405.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 7 Special school expansion progress
- 8 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 9 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 10 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022