New gig rowed home
- Credit: Archant
MEMBERS of Clevedon Pilot Gig Club proudly rowed their vessels into town to mark the start of the 2013 season.
The group, which was set up in 2009, has recently added a third gig to its collection of six-man racing boats to help accommodate its growing membership.
The row home saw the three boats, called Watch and Pray, Blackbird and Odessa, rowed to the shore adjacent to Clevedon Pier.
Clevedon Pilot Gig Club has grown rapidly since it was first created and now has almost 100 members.
It is one of the largest clubs in the country and will be taking at least eight crews to the world championships which will take place in the Isles of Scilly from May 3-6.
You may also want to watch:
The club will also be competing in regattas throughout the season, including at Lyme Regis, Newquay, Ilfracombe and Appledore.
- 1 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 2 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 3 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 4 Clevedon girl, 4, wins music award
- 5 Another North Somerset school hit with Covid cases
- 6 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 7 Man suffers head injuries after armed confrontation outside pub
- 8 Portishead awarded GreenSeas Trust bin to tackle plastic pollution
- 9 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 10 Gorgeous three-bedroom character cottage in rural area, with annexe