New dog rules from next week
DOG control orders will come into force on Monday, with new regulations to be introduced at a number of public open spaces.
North Somerset Council is introducing the orders to encourage responsible dog ownership and to curb the issue of dog fouling across the district.
They will see dogs banned from some areas and in others, rules but in place to ensure the animals are kept on leads at all times.
The introduction of the orders follows a public consultation in June.
Dogs will be banned from areas including Tickenham Village Field and the ponds at Portbury Ponds (not the surrounding land).
You may also want to watch:
Dogs must be kept on leads at Clevedon’s Coleridge Playing Fields and seafront promenade, at Nailsea’s Grove Playing Fields and at Portishead marina.
Signs will soon be installed in the affected areas.
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 4 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 Age UK looking for North Somerset volunteers
- 7 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 8 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 9 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 10 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?