New dog rules from next week
DOG control orders will come into force on Monday, with new regulations to be introduced at a number of public open spaces.
North Somerset Council is introducing the orders to encourage responsible dog ownership and to curb the issue of dog fouling across the district.
They will see dogs banned from some areas and in others, rules but in place to ensure the animals are kept on leads at all times.
The introduction of the orders follows a public consultation in June.
Dogs will be banned from areas including Tickenham Village Field and the ponds at Portbury Ponds (not the surrounding land).
You may also want to watch:
Dogs must be kept on leads at Clevedon’s Coleridge Playing Fields and seafront promenade, at Nailsea’s Grove Playing Fields and at Portishead marina.
Signs will soon be installed in the affected areas.
- 1 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 2 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 3 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 4 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 5 Royals praise North Somerset children's hospice
- 6 PICTURES: Backwell School throws leavers festival
- 7 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 8 RNLI volunteer 'will be sorely missed'
- 9 Protest outside MP's office over police and crime bill
- 10 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats