New chairman for Nailsea Town Council
- Credit: Archant
Councillor Jan Barber has been named the new chairman of Nailsea Town Council.
Cllr Barber, who covers Youngwood ward, takes over from former chairman David Packham.
Chris Watts was also welcomed onto the council as a new member at the town council meeting in the tithe barn on May 15.
There are currently four councillor vacancies which will be filled by co-option at the next town council meeting on June 19.
There are vacancies for two councillors in Yeo ward and two in the West End ward.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in being co-opted on to the council will need to apply to the clerk in writing before June 10.
Candidates will be asked to fill in a short eligibility questionnaire and a co-option application form.
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 3 Leisure centre to reopen next year following repairs
- 4 Shop Local: Popular fruit and veg specialist launches new website
- 5 New multi-million pound sports facility for Backwell School
- 6 Appeal for help to find missing teenager
- 7 'Outstanding’ town council clerk stands down
- 8 Further delays for rail project
- 9 Shop Local: ‘Huge impact’ on independent home décor business after second lockdown hits
For more details on the role, email town clerk Jo Duffy at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01275 855277.