Nature volunteers needed
- Credit: Archant
MORE volunteers are needed to help put on community events at a Nailsea nature reserve.
More than 577 people visited Stock Way North Nature Reserve this year.
Schools, brownie groups and residential homes visited the attraction to take part in pond dipping, treasure hunts, plant identification, tours, talks and quizzes.
An impressive 180 types of plants, 35 species of bird, 15 butterflies and nine dragonflies live at the reserve as well as frogs, newts, fungi, mammals and insects.
The Friends of Stock Way North Nature Reserve are always looking for new volunteers to help manage the site and assist with weekly open days.
You may also want to watch:
The nature reserve will be open each Wednesday from 2-5pm from April-August giving people the opportunity to enjoy tours as well as some pond dipping.
Anyone interested in helping out can call Andrew Town on 01275 858064, Pat Robinson on 854628.
- 1 Baby Etta is first to be born at Clevedon MIU
- 2 WIN: Tickets to latest James Bond film
- 3 'Inspiring' turnout for village's Great Big Green Day
- 4 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 5 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 6 Scholarship competition worth thousands of pounds launched to find area's next stars
- 7 U-turn as West of England Combined Authority formally opposes Bristol Airport expansion
- 8 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 9 Cycling club using cameras to improve safety on roads
- 10 Youth charity wins national accolade
To find out more about the nature reserve visit www.stockwaynorth.org.uk