Nailsea writer gets book published
A WRITER from Nailsea is celebrating after her dream of publishing a book came true on her birthday.
Samantha Dean, aged 39, of Dorchester Close, had been attempting to write a book for several years when her husband and work colleagues persuaded her to take the plunge and approach a publisher. She said: “I sent my manuscript to a publisher to see if they thought it was any good. To say I was stunned when they said they’d like to publish it is an understatement.
“So after numerous corrections which included proof reading, and tying up loose ends, numerous additions and omissions, I finally got it to a stage where I was happy with it. I designed the cover myself and having had cover and manuscript signed off it was finally good to go.
“I received a package in the post on my birthday this year and it was a complimentary copy of my rather large novel. Words cannot describe how it felt to hold it.”
The book Breaking Point took three years to write and has been classed as a romantic, supernatural thriller.
You may also want to watch:
Samantha works as a general assistant at Phaze Electrical Ltd in Nailsea.
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 4 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 5 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 6 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 7 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 8 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 9 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 10 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project