Nailsea writer gets book published
A WRITER from Nailsea is celebrating after her dream of publishing a book came true on her birthday.
Samantha Dean, aged 39, of Dorchester Close, had been attempting to write a book for several years when her husband and work colleagues persuaded her to take the plunge and approach a publisher. She said: “I sent my manuscript to a publisher to see if they thought it was any good. To say I was stunned when they said they’d like to publish it is an understatement.
“So after numerous corrections which included proof reading, and tying up loose ends, numerous additions and omissions, I finally got it to a stage where I was happy with it. I designed the cover myself and having had cover and manuscript signed off it was finally good to go.
“I received a package in the post on my birthday this year and it was a complimentary copy of my rather large novel. Words cannot describe how it felt to hold it.”
The book Breaking Point took three years to write and has been classed as a romantic, supernatural thriller.
You may also want to watch:
Samantha works as a general assistant at Phaze Electrical Ltd in Nailsea.
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 4 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 5 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 6 Age UK looking for North Somerset volunteers
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 9 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 10 Light the Night celebration to take place in Clevedon